Paul Gilbert31 San Francisco Blvd
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Phone: (415) 455-8400
SERVICESWriter · Thinker · Producer · Optimist
25 years experience in broadcast, print and interactive media. Ability to synthesize complex information, communicate ideas and messages across multiple platforms.
BRANDDo great work. Treat people right. Enjoy the ride.
HEART AT WORK PRODUCTIONS, San Francisco, CAWriter Producer Creative Director
Corporate Clients / Types of Projects:
- HeartMath: Articles for social media sites to drive traffic to home page.
- Genentech: Branding message for redesign of internal software system.
- Charles Schwab: Communicating value of company's emergency back-up plans.
- Dreyer's Ice Cream: HR training materials defining corporate culture.
- Coca-Cola: Promo to announce product launch of new soft drink.
- Yosemite Fund: Documentary to promote public/private partnerships.
Newsweek, NY Times, Washington Post, Psychology Today, Sunset, SF Chronicle.
http://whatsthegoodnews.com/inprint/print_holder.html (Archives: Published Articles)
NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION, New York, NYDirector of Video Promotion
Head of all in-house advertising. Twice nominated for National Sports Emmy Award.
Director of Production
Supervise NBA Entertainment, league's programming and production division.
TURNER BROADCASTING, Atlanta, GAProducer Studio Host
Produce and anchor halftime shows for NBA telecasts. Local Emmy Award winner.
CABLE NEWS NETWORK, Atlanta, GAProducer Reporter Anchor
Produce daily sportscasts. Field reporter for news packages. Host of weekend shows.
DIR BROADCASTING, New York, NYReporter
Conduct interviews for "Direct News", nationally syndicated news program.
OTHER PROJECTS & PASSIONSExecutive Producer
"Sleep Like A Baby: What Every Parent Needs To Know About Babies & Sleep"
Winner of Parent's Choice and Kids First! Awards.
EDUCATIONUNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Santa Cruz, CA B.A. Awarded Academic Honors.
LESSER KNOWN FACTS
- I grew up in New Jersey and having never set foot in California, went to UC Santa Cruz.
- At CNN, I somehow rose from writer to producer without getting a raise.
- I've directed Michael Douglas and been misdirected by Jack Nicholson.
- In my mind, crafting e-mails is an art form.
- I still read the comics every day.